1st International Conference on Agriculture and Forestry 2014 was successfully completedwith more than 35 participants from 19 countries. Countries are namely Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Nepal, United States of America, Slovakia, Poland, Australia, Philippines, Malaysia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Ghana, South Korea,etc.
There were 29 oral presentations 03 poster presentations and 07 virtual presentations. Moreover there were some local participants who representing Sri Lankan Universities and other professional bodies.
Primary objective of this conference was to create a premier forum for the local and international researchers, scholars and academicians to share their research results in the fields of agriculture and forestry.We believed that we successfully achieved this objective during the conference. Moreover Secondary Objective of the conference was to attract high profiled tourists to Sri Lanka and use their knowledge and experience for development of the tourism industry.
As per the schedule, conference was chaired by Prof.D.K.N.G.Pushpakumara and two key note speeches were delivered by Prof. D.K.Weerakoonand Prof. Terence J. Centner. The Guest speech was delivered by Dr. Hemantha Wijeywardene on behalf of Mr. R.M.D.B. Meegasmulla, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Sri Lanka.
Conference schedule divided in to 07 main themes namely,
- Climate Change, Farmer Perception & Agriculture
- Agriculture Education, Marketing & Data Managemet
- Horticulture & Food Production Systems
- Animal Production, Health & Hygiene
- Agronomy/ Precision Agriculture
- Crop & Environment Management
- Food Safety, Food Science & Nutrition
In the awarding ceremony best research paper award won by Dr. Cherukuri Sreenivasa Rao and best local student paper and best international student paper won by Mrs. I. D. Singhalage and Mr. K.A.Nyantakyi respectively. Also organizing committee awarded 07 more awards to best presenters in each session.
Best Presentation Awards Winners
01. Climate Change, Farmer Perception & Agriculture Session
Prof. S.L. Swamy from India
02. Agriculture Education, Marketing & Data Managemet Session
Dr. Ajit Govind from France
03. Horticulture & Food Production Systems Session
Dr. Mohan Kumar Biswas from India
04. Animal Production, Health &Hygine Session
Dr. Lukac Norbert from Slovakia
05. Agronomy/ Precision Agriculture Session
Ms. I.D. Sinhalage from Sri Lanka Session
06. Crop & Environment Management Session
Prof. Terence J. Centner from USA
07. Food Safety, Food Science & Nutrition Session
Dr. Cherukuri Sreenivasa Rao from India