The 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019, was held on 22nd – 23rd August 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand under the theme “Protective Farming and Sustainable Management” The conference was organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Sri Lanka in collaboration with the Faculty of Agriculture, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia and Al-Balqa’ Applied University, Jordan as the hosting partners while Diponegoro University, Indonesia, Southern Leyte State University, Philippines and University of Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia remained as the successful, collaborative academic Partners of the Conference.
THE SUCCESS STORY OF AGRICO 2019
The opening remarks of AGRICO 2019 were made by the Conference Chair Prof. Samih Abubaker
(Dean, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Al-Balqa` Applied University, Jordan) together with Mr. Isanka P. Gamage (Managing Director, The International Institute of Knowledge Management).
KEYNOTE AND PLENARY SPEAKERS OF AGRICO 2019
The Keynote forum was one of the significant sessions of the Conference and it was enlightened by Dr. Moin Us Salam (Agricultural Scientist and Crop Systems Modeller, International Maize Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), Bangladesh. Dr. Moin Us Salam delivered the keynote speech on the topic “ Effective knowledge-system for Sustainable Farming “.
Prof. Retno Murwani (Professor, Diponegoro University, Indonesia) and Dr. Basel Natsheh (Head of Environment and Sustainable Agriculture, Palestine Technical University, Palestine) were delivered the plenary speeches and Prof. Retno Murwani delivered her speech on the topic “Poultry Nutrition for Sustainable Production” and Dr. Basel Natsheh delivered his speech on the topic “Barley Green Fodder Production and Effect of Different Saline Water Levels Under Hydroponic Condition”.
Dr. Moin Us Salam
Agricultural Scientist and Crop Systems Modeller
International Maize Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) Bangladesh
Prof. Retno Murwani
Dr. Basel Natsheh
SPECIAL FEATURES OF AGRICO’ 19
Partner Cocktail Evening
The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) hosted a Partner Cocktail Evening on the 21st of August to the Partner institutions. This was exclusively only for the Partner Universities of the AGRICO’19 conference. The occasion was a platform to make new contacts with representatives from Universities all around the world and develop existing ones. Moreover, this gathering provided a unique networking opportunity for the delegates while enabling University representatives to interact in a friendly and fun environment.
Panel Discussion on “Water Scarcity and Sustainable Aquaculture”
A panel discussion on “Water Scarcity and Sustainable Aquaculture” was moderated by the Conference Chair Dr. Ravi Fotedar (Curtin University, Australia) along with the 03 panelists Prof. Samih Abubaker, Jordan, Prof. Dr. K. Marimuthu, Malaysia and Dr. Moin Us Salam, Bangladesh.
The panel discussion was an interactive session and participants had the opportunity to learn from resource persons enhanced ways of producing more seafood while simultaneously using less of the scarce water resources. This panel discussion was open to all conference participants from the 6th International Conference on Fisheries and Aquaculture 2019 and the 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019. This discussion provided the opportunity to raise questions and doubts during the Q & A session.
Workshop on “Organic Agriculture”
The session was conducted by Prof. Samih Abubaker, Dean, Faculty of Agricultural Technology, Al-Balqa` Applied University, Jordan. This Workshop was a cross-country effort of stakeholders in organic agriculture, concentrates on the principles of organic farming system and related topics, resulting in a complex field of knowledge and understanding. This was mainly conducted this workshop to enhance the knowledge of participants about important concepts of organic farming system, main principles of sustainable agriculture and alternate farming systems and building capacities of future decision makers in organic agriculture.
Workshop on Important statistical methods used in research using SPSS
This workshop was moderated by Prof. Dr. K. Marimuthu, Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Applied Sciences AIMST University, Malaysia. The workshop aimed to assist in the development of the skills needed to write and submit scientific manuscripts with the ultimate goal of improving the dissemination of research and enhance knowledge sharing. The workshop also provided the participants with insight and training in the processes required to publish a scientific article successfully.
Study Tour Thailand
The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) in collaboration with the Department of Fisheries (DoF), Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand organized a free study tour for the participants of the 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019 – (AGRICO 2019) and 6th International Conference on Fisheries and Aquaculture 2019 – (ICFA 2019) following the conference. This tour was fully sponsored by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand for 40 conference participants.
The purpose of the study tour was to observe the developments of Thai aquaculture in inland waters and at the same time, obtain information on the organizational and technical aspects of these developments. Whilst this certainly put in leisure time on the tour, the primary focus was on learning Thai fisheries and aquaculture in the Chonburi and Chachoengsao provinces in Thailand.
PARTICIPANTS FROM MORE THAN 15 COUNTRIES
AGRICO 2019 consisted of over 50 participants from 15 countries around the world, including Sri Lanka, Japan, Indonesia, India, Poland, Malaysia, Egypt, Philippines, Georgia and Thailand. Environmental activists, researchers, academicians, policy makers, industry experts and members from non-governmental organizations to share their diverse experiences, discuss, argue and ultimately to find solutions to the issues related to Agriculture.
AGRICO 2019 comprised of Four (10) technical sessions including a poster session. The technical sessions were under the below themes.
- Organic Agriculture
- Animal Sciences, Food Science and Technology
- Agriculture Production, Crop Science, Ecology and Forestry
- Soil and Water Resource Management
- Agriculture Genetics and Plant Protection
- Agriculture Engineering
- Agriculture Economy, Extension and Business
All accepted abstracts for the 6th International Conference on Agriculture 2019 – (AGRICO 2019) will be published in the conference abstract book with an associated ISBN 978-955-3605-35-1.
All full papers sent for conference proceedings will be subjected to double blind reviewing process and will be published electronically with an ISSN 2362-1036 in the proceedings with a DOI Number (DOI prefix: 10.17501).
Journal of Crop Improvement
Online ISSN 1542-7536
Print ISSN 1542-7528
Editor in Chief Dr. Manjit S. Kang
Publisher Taylor and Francis
Scope Crop Improvement, Production and Seed Science etc
Indexed in CABI, SCOPUS, Elsevier BIOBASE and many more
Journal of Global Food Security
Online ISSN 2211-9124
Editor in Chief Jessica Fanzo
Scope Agriculture, policy, economics and environment
Indexed in SCOPUS, AGRICOLA, Science Citation Index, Environmental Abstracts and many more
Agronomy for Sustainable Development
Print ISSN: 1774-0746
Online ISSN: 1773-0155
Editor in Chief Prof. S. Recous
Publisher Springer Nature
Indexed in Sciences Citation Index Expanded, SCOPUS, EBSCO, AGRICOLA and many more.
Scope Agronomy, cropping and farming system research with ecological, genetic, environmental, economical and social sciences. Systemic approaches at the livestock, field, farm, landscape, food systems and global scales
Journal of Agricultural Sciences – Sri Lanka
Online ISSN: 2386-1363
Editor in Chief Prof. Rohana P Mahaliyanaarachchi
Publisher The Faculty of Agricultural Sciences of the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka
Indexed in SCOUPUS, DOAJ and EBSCO
Scope of the Journal Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agri-Business Management, Livestock Production, Food Science, and other related fields on agricultural sciences.
Open Agriculture – Special Issue*
Online ISSN 2391-9531
Editors in Chief Hans R. Herren and Vijay Singh
Managing Editor Agnieszka Topolska
Publisher DE GRUYTER Poland
Special Issue Link
Scope publishes original articles reflecting the latest achievements on agro-ecology, soil science, plant science, horticulture, forestry, wood technology, zoo technics and veterinary medicine, entomology, aquaculture, hydrology, food science, agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, climate-based agriculture, amelioration, social sciences in agriculture, smart farming technologies, farm management
Indexed in Elsevier – SCOPUS, Web of Science – Emerging Sources Citation Index, AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library), DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) and many more
** There is no submission fee for this journal. If the paper successfully go through peer-review process a publication fee of EUR 55 is expected from the author.
SESSION CHAIRS AND EVALUATION PANEL MEMBERS OF AGRICO 2019
- Bidyuth K. Mahalder(Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Bangladesh)
- Maybelle Saad Gaballah(National Research Centre, Egypt)
- Mahalingam Govindaraj, (International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), India)
- Ir. Damianus Adar(University of Nusa Cendana, Indonesia)
- Dwi Retno Lukiwati (Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
- Bagus Herwibawa, (Diponegoro Universit, Indonesia)
- Loha Pradheeban, (University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka)
- Maybelle Saad Gaballah(National Research Centre, Egypt)
Evaluation Panel Members
- Dr. Samih Abubaker (Al-Balqa` Applied University, Jordan)
- Moin Us Salam (International Maize Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), Bangladesh)
- Basel Natsheh (Palestine Technical University, Palestine)
Scientific Committee Members
- Dr. Sewwandhi Chandrasekara, Chonbuk National Univesity, South Korea
- Prof. Dr. Dwi Retno Lukiwati, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Dr. M.M. Mahusoon, Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Rakesh Tiwary, A.N. Sinha Institute of Social Studies, India
- Prof. Dr. Tamar Kacharava, Georgian Technical University, Georgia
- Dr. Bidyuth K. Mahalder, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Prof. Dwi Retno Lukiwati, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Dr. Ongo Emelda, Industrial Technology Development Institute, Philippines
- Dr. Rinukshi Wimalasekera, University of Cambridge, UK
- Dr. Deepak Kumar Baranwal, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Mustafa Nadhim Owaid, University of Anbar, Iraq
- Dr. Akas Pinaringan Sujalu, University of Agustus, Indonesia
- Dr. Rekha Vyas, Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, India
- Dr. G.D.D.K. Gunasena, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka
- Prof. Mahendra Singh Pal, G B Pant University of Agric & Tech, India
- Dr. Karnjapan Janthawornpong, Prince of Songkla University, Thailand
- Dr. Aris Winaya, University of Muhammadiyah Malang, Indonesia
- Prof. Abdulraheem Mohammed, CMR Institute of Technology, India
- Prof. Lilik Sutiarso, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- Prof. M. Prakash, Annamalai University, India
- Prof. Ille C. Gebeshuber, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Assoc. Prof. Wael El Zerey, Djillali Liabes University, Algeria
- Dr. Meera kumara, The Aga Khan University, Pakistan
- Dr. Neeraj Verma, University of California Riverside, USA
- Prof. Dr. Retno Murwani, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Prof. Samih Abubaker, Al-Balqa` Applied University, Jordan
- Dr. Moin Us Salam, International Maize Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), Bangladesh
- Dr. Florentina Kusmiyati, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Andri Cahyo Kumoro, Diponegoro University, Indonesia
- Dr. Basel Natsheh, Palestine Technical University, Palestine
- Dr. Francisco Felicilda Buctot, Southern Leyte State University, Philippines
- Dr. Majid Alheidary, University of Basrah, Iraq
- Dr. Chamila Dias, Institute of Hydrology and Meteorology, Germany
- Dr. Mary Ann Jilly R. Ramirez, Southern Leyte State University, Philippines
- Dr. Mohammad Shah Jahan, Nanjing Agricultural University, China
AGRICO 2019 – Inauguration Ceremony
AGRICO 2019 – DAY 1
AGRICO 2019 – DAY 2
AGRICO 2019 – Awarding Ceremony
AGRICO 2019 – Special Album
LISTEN TO PAST KEYNOTES
Prof. Terence J. Centner
The University of Georgia, Athens, United States
World concerns about ractopamine in livestock feed.
Ms. Deepali Kamatkar
SEED Management Services Pvt. Ltd., India
Digitization of field data collection – International Conference on Agriculture and Forestry 2014 (ICOAF 2014)
Dr. Safdar Muhammad
Department of Agribusiness, College of Food and Agriculture, United Arab Emirates University, UAE
Analyzing consumers’ perception and attitude toward organic food products in United Arab Emirates.